Sunday, March 1, 2009

Strawberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich

This probably sounds like and odd sandwich, but trust me, it's tasty. We had a similar sandwich at one of our wedding receptions (I can't remember exactly what was on it, but this recipe is pretty close). I know apples aren't in season, but I got a great price on them, so I decided to use them to make this sandwich. Bread has also been very cheap recently so we're eating a lot of sandwiches. You can see the recipe here.

Bread - $.88 / loaf at Buy Low, used 2 - total - $.18

Deli sliced turkey breast - on Price Cut at Target for $2.99 each, used $.75 printable coupon, and $1 / 2 Target Coupon - total $1.74, used 1/3 - total $.52

Lettuce - $.99 / head at Buy Low, used 1 leaf - approximate total - $.05

Strawberry cream cheese - $2.00 / 8oz at Albertson's, doubled $1/2 coupon - $.50 for 8oz, used 2oz - $.13

Granny smith apple - $.25 / lb at Buy Low, used 1/3 of an apple - total - $.05


Grand Total - $.93 for 1 serving (I'm pretty sure we paid at least twice that for each sandwich at our wedding reception)

No comments: