Sunday, March 1, 2009

Honey Mustard Salmon Pasta Salad

I've said before how much I love pasta salads in the summer - They're cool and refreshing on a hot day and I can make them in the morning so that I'm not heating up my house in the middle of the day. In this recipe I stretch a pound of salmon pretty far - it's a great way to feed a crowd a seemingly fancy meal without it costing a ton. You can find the recipe here.

Pasta (I used Barilla Mini Farfalle) - On sale at Smith's for $1.00 / box, used $.75 coupon - total $.25

Salmon - On sale at Smith's for $3.99 / lb - total - $3.55 (my fillet was slightly less than a pound)

Kraft Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing - - on Price Cut at Target for $1.59, used $1.00 off coupon and $.50 off Target coupon - total $.09

Cucumber - $.50 at Buy Low

Carrots - $.25 / lb at Buy Low, used 1/4 - total - $.06

Green onions - $..20 / bunch at Buy Low, used 3 - total $.12

Grand Total - $4.57 for 6 servings, $.76 for each serving

No comments: