Monday, March 30, 2009

I am an Addict

Admitting it is the first step to recovery right?

I am addicted to coupon shopping. It is SO MUCH FUN! I have dreams about it - usually stressful ones that entail not being able to get a deal because something is out of stock. I check blogs and websites several times a day because I just have to know right now what the current deals are. I don't want to miss an opportunity at a great coupon or freebie. It is starting to consume too much of my life. I need help! Today I made my first trip to Walgreens to exploit all of their great deals and I did pretty good. I got over $5o worth of stuff for about $11 - not bad. But, not perfect either - there are people who manage to make money while shopping at Walgreens (and other places too). How do they do it?! I know that I will not be getting over my addiction anytime soon, because my drive to be like all of these amazing thrifty moms out there is too strong. Hopefully I can figure out how to be more efficient at all this so that it will take up less time and energy. Maybe then, it can be moved to the back burner and not be the focus of every waking thought (only slightly an exageration).

If you'd like to join me in my addiction, I've posted links to a few of my favorite money saving sites on the right side of my blog. I won't even try to explain this whole crazy underground world of coupon shopping, there are many other people who are much better at it than I. I just follow their lead and try to keep up. It is a lot of fun and I do get a thrill out of saving money. But there are a lot of other thrilling things to experience in life too. Coupons should be the means to an end and not the end it self. Hopefully I can find a way to have a life after coupon shopping.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I like to coupon shop also. Not quite an addict. I've looked at some of those sites. I belong to the grocery game. It's fun!