Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Salad

Yet another pasta salad, hope you're not sick of them (I know I'm not). This one's a good example of how couponing allows you to buy pricey ingredients without blowing the budget. The Sun Dried Tomatoes weren't on sale and I didn't use a coupon. But, because I scored killer deals on the other ingredients in this recipe, I can afford to spend more on yummy ingredients that I love and can't live without (in this case, sun dried tomatoes). You can find the recipe here.


Pasta - On sale at Albertson's for $1.25, used $1.00 - total $.25

Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Salad Dressing - on Price Cut at Target for $1.59, used $1.00 off coupon and $.50 off Target coupon - total $.09

Sun Dried Tomatoes - $2.69 at Smith's

Broccoli - $.88 / lb at Buy Low - total - $.80

Salami - On sale at Albertson's for $2.00, used $1.00 coupon - total - $1.00

Onion - $.25 / lb at Buy Low, used 1 - total - $.25

Balsamic vinegar - On sale for $2.00 at Alberton's, doubled $1.00 coupon - total - free!

Olive oil, salt and pepper - approximate total - $.25


Grand Total: $5.33 for 6 servings, $.89 for each serving (as an entree)

No comments: