Saturday, March 14, 2009

Delightful and yet a little disturbing

I am a San Diego girl and as such I do not care for Utah winters. I have lived here in Provo for almost 12 years and have learned to live with them, but don't enjoy them. I am delighting in the 60 degree weather that we are experiencing right now. I think it is WONDERFUL. But disturbing at the same time - it is not supposed to be this warm in March in Provo (especially when we had such a warm fall). I know winter has not had it's last hurrah and we will probably have several freak snow storms in May and June. Signs of the Times, my friends - seasons getting all skiwankulated (wonderful word huh?) It does make me want to be a little "greener" - my current goal: to get into the habit of unplugging appliances and turning off power strips before going to bed. It's a simple thing that can really make a difference. That resolution being made, I'm going to make the most of this blissful weather while it lasts and enjoy every minute of it. I'm heading outside to run around with my energetic 2 year old boy. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Amber! I found your blog through Facebook. Isn't this weather wonderful?! I have a hard time with the winters here, too.