Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs

Here's a great recipe to dress up all the free hot dogs that you probably got at the beginning of the summer. I actually didn't get any of the oodles of free hot dogs that were available because I'm a little picky about my hot dogs. I did get a great deal on our favorite hot dogs (Hebrew National) so I was excited to try out this recipe. If you did use your free hot dogs, the cost of this recipe would be even lower. You can find the recipe here.


Hot Dogs (I use low fat Hebrew National) - on sale at Smith's for $2.50, used $1.00 coupon - total $1.50 (which may seem like a lot for hot dogs, but these are the only kind I buy because I know that they're made with only the best meat)



Turkey Bacon - Used Biggest Loser Jenny-O Turkey coupon - Free!


Cheddar cheese - 2 lb block on sale at Albertson's for $6.99, doubled $1.00 coupon - $4.99 for 2 lbs, used 1/2 oz - total - $.08


Hot Dog Buns (I use wheat)- $1.97 at Walmart


Sauerkraut - $1.04 for 16oz at Walmart, used 1/4 cup - total - $.13


Green onions - $.50 at Walmart, used 2 - total - $.10


Ketchup - free with coupon from this book


Dijon mustard - On sale at Albertson's for $1.99, doubled $1.00 coupon - Free


Vegetable oil - approximate cost - $.10



Grand Total - $3.88 for 8 servings, $.48 for each serving

No comments: