Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sweet and Sour Chicken with Lo Mein Noodles

I created this recipe in my ongoing quest to find creative and useful recipes for all of my free and nearly free salad dressing. When I bought the salad dressing in the store I had no idea what I was going to do with it. But, by the end of the day I had come up with this recipe. To see it, visit my blog here.

Russian Salad Dressing (used wishbone)- $1.50 at Albertson's, used $.75 coupon - total - $.75 for whole bottle, used 1/2 - total $.38

Asian (sesame ginger) salad dressing (Used Wishbone Asian Silk Salad Spritzer) - $1.50 at Albertson's, doubled $1 coupon - total - Free

Whole grain spaghetti - $1.23 / 13 lb box at Walmart, used 2/3 - total $.81

Chicken - $1.69 / lb at Buy Low - $2.00

Pineapple - $1.00 at Walmart, used $.50 coupon - total - $.50

Cole slaw mix - $1.99 at Albertson's, used Free Bagged Salad coupon wyb 2 Wishbone salad dressings (hanging on bottle) - total - Free

Celery - $.20 / bunch at Buy Low, used 1 stalk, total - $.02


Green onions - $.25 at Buy Low, used 3 - total - $.12

Vegetable oil, Soy sauce - pantry, approximate total - $.25


Grand Total - $4.08 for 4 servings, $1.04 for each serving

No comments: