Friday, May 1, 2009

Spring Cleaning


Simple Mom is hosting a spring cleaning party on her blog and I've decided to clean along with her.

I keep our house pretty clean most of the time. But, it is way too cluttered (especially the living room / office). And there is a lot of deep cleaning that needs to be done. When we moved here 3 years ago, it looked like the stove and fridge hadn't been moved in ages. And yet, I haven't moved and cleaned behind them either, so it really needs to be done.

Here's the schedule that she has on her blog:

Monday, May 4 - a clean sweep
Tuesday, May 5 - the living room, part one
Wednesday, May 6 - the living room, part two
Thursday, May 7 - the kitchen, part one
Friday, May 8 - the kitchen, part two
Monday, May 11 - the bathrooms
Tuesday, May 12 - the kids’ rooms, part one
Wednesday, May 13 - the kids’ rooms, part two
Thursday, May 14 - the master bedroom
Friday, May 15 - the front entry

Now, our house is pretty small, so I don't know that some of these things will require as much time as she's allotted. I'll just take it easy those days and rev up for the following day.

She has an e-book in which she details this whole cleaning process and strategies. But, it's $7 and even though I love to support entrepreneurial causes, $7 bucks ain't in the budget right now. I've read several cleaning / organizing / de-cluttering books lately, so I feel well equipped to tackle this. So, I'm just gonna make it up as a I go and just use this whole Spring Cleaning Blog Party and motivation to things done that I've been meaning to do for a long time. I'll post some before and after pictures as I go - they may be terribly embarrassing, but at least I'm doing something about it right?

We're headed to San Diego on Saturday, May 16th. So, hopefully this will all go smoothly and I'll be able to come home to a nice clean house. It will be crazy to pack for a trip and spring clean simultaneously, but I'm up for the challenge. I think it's all the sunshine we've had lately - I'm feeling energized.

I invite you to join in. Even if you don't have a ton of time to dedicate to deep cleaning, do a little each day. It will make a difference and you'll feel wonderful for it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

OOH! I like this. MAYBE I'll do it, too!