Monday, May 25, 2009

Swagbucks


When I started following money saving blogs a few months ago, I noticed that all of the sites talked about Swagbucks. So, I decided to give it a try.

Swagbucks is a site that pays you for your internet searches. Their site is powered by Google and Ask, so the results are pretty good. When you search the internet using their site you are randomly awarded "swagbucks". You don't get one for every search you do, but I'd say it averages out to be about 1 out of 10 searches receives swagbucks (1, 2, 5, or 10).

Once you accrue enough swagbucks you can trade them in for prizes. My favorite, and the most popular, is Amazon gift cards. 45 swagbucks earns you a $5 gift card. I just requested my first gift card :o). It took me about 2 months to accumulate enough swagbucks, so at this rate, by the end of the year, I'll have 4-5 $5 amazon gift cards (which will be perfect for Christmas presents). I don't do a lot of internet searches, so I'm earning these at a slower rate, I know some people who earn swagbucks a lot faster than I do.

Like I said about YouData, you won't make a ton of money doing this. But you will make some money, and every little bit helps. It's especially great when you're able to get something for free by simply doing what you already do (ie searching the web).

The search results aren't sorted and ranked like ones through Google, so they aren't as easy to sift through. But, I usually can find what I'm looking for. And if I can't, I simply type "Google" into the Swagbucks search field and I'm able to search there. I've earned several swagbucks by simply going to Google's homepage through Swagbucks.

I downloaded the toolbar so that it is easier to use and I remember to search using Swagbucks, instead of automatically going to Google.

It is really a great way to earn some extra $ with very little extra work. You should check it out - click on the button on the side of my blog.

No comments: