Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Bedtime

I'm tired of being tired. Anyone else hear me on this?! I was reading over on this blog's Making your Home a Haven series and it got me thinking. I strictly and unwaveringly get my kids in bed on time almost every night. I don't want to deal with the crankiness that follows a short night of sleep. But, I often (okay, always) stay up way too late and end up getting only 5 hours of sleep. After a few nights of this, I am the cranky one in the house and my kids (and sometimes Fred too) have to pay the price. How fair is that? Not at all.

So, I'm giving myself a bed time. 11:00pm it is. That way I can hopefully get up at 6:00am and get my day going before the kids wake up. Although Hunter has been waking up around that time lately, so I may not be able to get my jump start. But, if I get to bed on time, I should be well rested enough to be happy to see him when he jumps us out of our bed in the morning.

I just realized that tonight is Thursday, which means OldNavyWeekly.com coupons. Well, maybe I'll enforce my new bedtime tomorrow night. ;o) This really isn't a good way to start a new goal is it? We'll see if I'm successful in disciplining myself in the future.

No comments: