Friday, May 8, 2009

Pizzeria 712


For our Anniversary Fred and I went to eat at Pizzeria 712 in Orem. Fred met the owner the other day and as a fellow entrepreneur, wanted to support his restaurant. It was good! The prices are a little on the high end for us (that's not really saying much). We got a pizza and a panini for about $28 with tax and tip.

Our pizza had homemade sausage, caramelized onions, fennel, mozzarella, and tomato sauce. The panini had pastrami, sauerkraut, Gouda and Russian dressing. They were both very good. The tomato sauce on the pizza isn't cooked so it has a very light flavor and made for a very well balanced flavor. The crust was really tasty too - and I don't usually eat the crust of pizza (I usually think of it as a waste of calories - I'd rather have another slice of pizza with all the yummy toppings). And the panini was nice and crisp and I liked it even though I don't really care for sauerkraut - the sauerkraut had a very mild flavor.

Their menu changes monthly, so you'll always have something new to try. The place is small and intimate, and popular. So, you may have to wait a short while to be seated. But, the service is very fast it makes up for it.
I suggest checking it out - it's a great place!

No comments: