Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Little Boy Does a Frugal Momma Proud

Yesterday, Hunter and I were in the back yard grilling some cantaloupe for dinner (yum!). There was a small plastic plate that was accidentally left out there after our last picnic and when our landlord came to mow (on their big riding mowers) they shredded it up a bit. Hunter found the plate and said "Oh, no. Momma we need to fix this".

This comment may not seem all that remarkable, but I was so proud of him - rather than saying we need to throw the broken disposable plate away (and in turn get a new one), his first thought was to fix it. That's right! We don't just throw away broken things in our house - we fix them up and make them work!

I almost didn't want to explain to him that we weren't going to fix this plate and that it just needed to be thrown away. Hopefully I haven't derailed my own teachings.

Fix it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without! Thanks for being a good example my little man.

No comments: