Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Going with the Flow - a Laundry Schedule that Revolves Around...

Bed wetting :o)

My 3 year old has been potty trained for several months now. However he still has occasional accidents at nap time (we still put him diapers at night). My old laundry schedule "dictated" that I wash sheets on Thursdays and I did just that, every Thursday. I like doing 1 load of laundry a day and I like having a schedule to work with. And I really like clean sheets.

But, after being frustrated too many times when my son decided to have a nap time bed wetting accident right after I washed his sheets, I decided that my laundry schedule would now revolve around him. If he happens to wet his bed, I'll wash his sheets right then and there. And I'll wait to wash them until it happens again - whether it be 2 days or 2 weeks.

Eventually he'll get better at this and I'll go back to my normal schedule, but for right now it's much easier to just go with it and not try to swim upstream. It works for me.
I'm participating in Works for Me Wednesdays at We Are That Family (which is a hilarious blog, btw)

No comments: