Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Family Fun Magazine

When my first son was born, my mother gave me a gift subscription to Family Fun Magazine. At the time I hadn't heard of it, but was excited because it sounded like something that I would really enjoy. And I have!

Family Fun Magazine is loaded with crafts, activities (indoor and outdoor), birthday party ideas, organizational tips, traditions, vacation ideas, info on new toys and games, recipes, holiday decorations and traditions, kid-friendly decorating and more that I can't think of off the top of my head. It is packed with stuff that helps you be a better parent and have fun with your kids. A lot of the articles come from reader submissions so it's like a parenting network where you can steal everyone else great parenting ideas. The whole magazine is very upbeat, positive and inspiring. Just reading through it motivates me to do more with my kids.

Every month when this magazine arrives in my mailbox, I can't wait to see what great ideas it holds. I love having constant supply of new activities and crafts to do with my kids coming to me, without my having to search for them. I love hearing other parents solutions to common problems (there are a lot of smart parents out there!) I love hearing other families fun traditions - we've incorporated several into our own family.

Basically, I love this magazine! And, if you haven't guessed where I'm going with all this, I highly recommend getting a subscription to it. It only costs $10 / year (there are 10 issues a year) and it is so worth it. It makes a great gift too. This is their website. You can find some of their articles on-line without a subscription, but they save the best ones for those with subscriptions.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love this magazine also! I used to get it and then when the kids got older I stopped and then a year or so ago I missed it so much I started getting it again - hey, I'm a grandmother so I can use the stuff in it :D I like it better than the Parents magazine.