Saturday, April 4, 2009

Becoming a Great Gospel Teacher


I finished reading an excellent book today. It is called becoming a Great Gospel Teacher by Robert Eaton and Mark Beecher and you can find it here. I highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you have a teaching calling. I am currently the Beehive advisor in my ward and so I teach a couple times a month. I read the book slowly over a couple of months. There are a lot of ideas and methods that they suggest using in your teaching and it can be a lot to take in and implement all at once. But, as I read a little each day, I was able to implement a one or two things each time I taught and it made it very manageable. Not only did the book teach how to be a great gospel teacher but it is very inspirational and motivational. After reading it I have a renewed enthusiasm for my calling and a greater desire to do the best job I can.

No comments: