Monday, April 6, 2009

Walgreens April 6, 2009

I did it!

I actually made money shopping at Walgreens today. It was so much fun!

I paid $33.25 out of pocket. To be fair, I did use $10.50 in Register Rewards that I got last week - that lowered the amount that I had to pay out of pocket today. I received $18 in Register Rewards today. I claimed $15 in rebates in the form of a gift card (which means that I get %10 back). So, in the end I made $1.25 profit on almost $70 worth of products! The Register Rewards do make it kind of tricky to claim that I actually made money, because I don't get the benefit from them until I use them later.

When shopping these deals at Walgreens there is in an initial investment period where you have to spend money out of pocket. But, once you receive your rebates (in the form of a gift card) and your Register Rewards, you should be able to shop the deals each week without paying anything out of pocket. It takes about 4-6 weeks to receive your rebate card. So, until then you may have to pay out of pocket each week as you shop. But, eventually you will get to the point where you don't have to pay out of pocket and will be able to get great deals on things each week. MoneySavingMom has a great tutorial on Walgreens shopping
here. I'm new at this whole thing and am just learning from all of the other expert deal shoppers out there. It is all a little overwhelming at first - you have to know what you're doing. But, once you get the hang of it, it's a lot of fun. I was actually excited to get up at 5am this morning to go shopping.

No comments: