Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Albertson's Double Coupon Wrap Up









It is a sad day for me - the end of Albertson's Double Coupons Week. Yes, there will be occasional double coupons in the newspaper, but nothing like this week, where they were right there, in the add, and I could get more each time I went to the store.

At the end of this week, we spent $26.06 on $169.71 worth of groceries (56 items)! I am totally spoiled now, regular old coupon shopping will be pretty boring now. To be honest, some of it was spent on frivolous things like pudding and crackers. But, that's one of the perks of coupon shopping - you can afford to get those non-essentials because you are paying pennies on the dollar for them. Fred is now in 7th heaven because we have so much snack food in our house. We never used to have any snack food in our house - we couldn't afford it. But, now that were using coupons (in combination with sales) we can really load up on the junk :/ Which I don't really like, but it does make me happy to see Fred so happy.

No comments: