Sunday, September 20, 2009

5 Guys Burgers and Fries

My Grandparents (Gill) were in town very briefly at the beginning of last week. They stopped by our house for a short visit and were kind enough to leave us a little money to go out to eat, since they weren't going to be around long enough to take us out themselves. Well, me being the totally impatient and impulse driven person that I am decided to go out that very night. Fred had wanted to try 5 Guys Burgers and Fries for some time, so that's where we went. I know we're way behind the times - the place has been here in Provo for quite some time now, but we don't ever eat out, so we're just a little slow on the restaurant scene.

But let me tell you, It. Was. Good. I honestly don't think I've had better burgers in my life (and that includes In-n-Out). And I make a lot of really good burgers at home too, but these were on a whole other level. I rely on lots of extra ingredients to make my burgers tasty. These were out right, straight up, yummy burgers - starting with the meat which was so juicy and delicious. They have way more topping options than In-n-Out (although I stuck with a pretty traditional burger). Their fries are made fresh from real potatoes - they were dense and tasted so good. I normally skip the fries at most burger places because they just aren't tasty enough to be worth the calories to me. Uh uh, not here - I ate a ton of them. Hunter loved them too, as you can see in the picture above. They have the standard fry sauce too, which was oh so good.

I don't think I will ever want to eat another burger at any other restaurant again. They just won't be as good. Seriously, that's how good the burgers are. Now, I hope I haven't hyped it up so much for you that when you visit there, you are totally disappointed. But, even if you don't think they're the best burgers ever, I'm sure you'll agree with me that they are pretty darn tasty.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I totally agree with you! My son-in-law has been wanting us to try this place and when I was up last time he treated me to lunch there. I do think it's better than In n' Out just like he said they were. He really liked Chee Burger Chee Burger when we took him here. We figure Five Guys is like the fast food version of Chee Burger. I loved it also!!! I think it's the best also :)

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

Yeah! We totally love that place. I fell in love with it on my mission in Pittsburgh and when I found out they were bringing one here, I almost peed my pants! Guess where the potatoes are from??? My home town, rigby Idaho! I'm so glad you all liked it!